The UP College of Music faculty, non-teaching administrative staff, and students believe in achieving the mission, vision and goals of the College and thus maintain an environment that is maximized for music learning
• Where equity, collegiality, mutual support and care among teachers, students, and administrative staff are top priority so as to foster and maintain academic excellence.
• Where academic freedom is upheld as in respecting and tolerating the diversity of opinions but within the bounds of reason and shared responsibility in keeping the interest of the common good above selfish, often hidden, personal motivations.
• Where curricular programs in performance, music education, research, and composition have significance to the personal and professional growth of the College's studentry.
• Where individuals in the College proactively engage in leadership and public service that will benefit the Filipino people.
• Where activities initiated by individuals, performing groups, departments, and the College is appreciated and valued by others in the College and by the larger academic community of UP Diliman.
• Where administrative organizational infrastructures are honest, service-oriented, efficient, sustainable, and effective.
• Where hierarchical relationships among teachers, admin staff, and students are based on mutual respect and fairness, but tempered with compassion.
• Where achievements of students are measured, defined, and appreciated broadly, not merely in terms of fixed standards.