Master of Music
Master of Music (MM) programs in composition, conducting, music education, musicology, voice, instrumental performance (piano, strings and guitar, winds and percussion) are offered by the College as two-year programs designed to provide training in selected areas of specialization.
Application for admission to any of the master’s program requires the following:
1) A BM degree or its equivalent from a duly recognized institution
2) Submission of the applicant’s original transcript of records
3) Full accomplishment and submission of the College of Music Graduate Admission Form
4) Securing recommendations from two (2) former professors or recognized professionals in the applicant’s area of specialization
5) Obtaining a minimum TOEFL score of 500 or its equivalent for foreign students whose native tongue or country’s medium of instruction is not English
6) Undergoing an audition: a) in the major instrument before a faculty panel of performance majors (voice, piano, strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion); or b) in voice or an instrument for music education, composition and conducting majors. Foreign students seeking admission may send an audio/video recording of a recent performance duly certified by a professor.
7) Passing the Graduate Placement Examination (GPE)
PhD in Music
Application for Admission into the program requires:
1) Applicants to be holders of a Master’s degree in any field from an accredited institution of higher learning or one duly recognized by the University of the Philippines College of Music.
2) Applicants to submit:
a) A completed application form;
b) Undergraduate and graduate academic records, and;
c) A portfolio containing evidence of scholarly and creative works in the field of music.
3) Applicants undergo the:
a) Diagnostic Examinations- results of which would determine the readiness of the applicants to the program; and
b) Interview with the PhD Faculty- where the applicants can assess the suitability of the program to their careers and needs.