A community of thinking and creative performing artists and scholars transforming the world through ideas, sound, and movement.
The University of the Philippines (UP) College of Music is dedicated to
• High quality instruction in music as a disciplined artistic expression, an object of intellectual passion, and as a creation that fosters social cooperation and community solidarities.
• Performing music, not merely for its technique, but as an authentic human expression that offers a unique and alternative vision of life that music is.
•Innovative music compositions, progressive pedagogical approaches, and persuasive theories and apt methods in research that would put Filipino leadership in the field of music in the Southeast Asian region.
• Music making that hastens national development by sensing, reflecting, and constructively critiquing it.
The UP College of Music is committed to
• Providing music students with a comprehensive, balanced, and advanced music instruction in the art of performance interpretation that is solidly informed by deep intellectual work and methodical practice, thus allowing students to advance professionally and swiftly in their chosen fields of study.
• Offering a highly experiential training where instruction and opportunities to perform are integrated, thus hastening the development of students into mature professional musicians or as active music listeners later on in their lives.
• Performing Filipino works that will promote them and thus will develop an appreciation and an understanding of the Filipino genius in music.
• Serving the community of artists, academics, students, and common residents in UP Diliman and from adjoining communities in Quezon City through its Abelardo Hall Auditorium's Concert Series, the UP Music Extension Program, and through collaborations with UP music alumni, other Filipino performing arts organizations, and with local and foreign artists.
• Contributing to the literature of Asian art music in the region through the dissemination of the creative and academic works of the College faculty as performers, composers, pedagogues, and researchers.
The UP College of Music faculty, non-teaching administrative staff, and students believe in achieving the mission, vision and goals of the College and thus maintain an environment that is maximized for music learning
• Where equity, collegiality, mutual support and care among teachers, students, and administrative staff are top priority so as to foster and maintain academic excellence.
• Where academic freedom is upheld as in respecting and tolerating the diversity of opinions but within the bounds of reason and shared responsibility in keeping the interest of the common good above selfish, often hidden, personal motivations.
• Where curricular programs in performance, music education, research, and composition have significance to the personal and professional growth of the College's studentry.
• Where individuals in the College proactively engage in leadership and public service that will benefit the Filipino people.
• Where activities initiated by individuals, performing groups, departments, and the College is appreciated and valued by others in the College and by the larger academic community of UP Diliman.
• Where administrative organizational infrastructures are honest, service-oriented, efficient, sustainable, and effective.
• Where hierarchical relationships among teachers, admin staff, and students are based on mutual respect and fairness, but tempered with compassion.
• Where achievements of students are measured, defined, and appreciated broadly, not merely in terms of fixed standards.
Make your own website - Click for more