• To provide support to the instructional, research, and extension services of the University of the Philippines College of Music.
• The UP College of Music Library envisions itself as the premier music resource center in the region in terms of library resources supporting the research, academic and information needs of the College of Music faculty, students, and other constituents.
To pursue a program which includes the following:
• Develop its reference and bibliographical collection of music research works
• Build an adequate sound and video recording collection for listening and study purposes
• Build a satisfactory collection of Asiatic music for purposes of study, research and understanding
• As of August 2018, the College of Music Library has a total collection of over 36,569 volumes of print and non-print materials.
• Of this total number, over 27,692 volumes are Filipiniana and foreign print materials consisting of books, undergraduate/graduate theses, dissertations, periodicals on music, and special collections including manuscripts and music sheets (published and unpublished) of composers.
• On the other hand, the non-print materials consist of over 16,000 volumes of sound and video recordings , e.g., phonorecords, audio cassettes of students’ recitals, compact discs, CD-Roms, DVDs, VCDs, and VHS tapes.
• Ground Floor of the Abelardo Hall
• Corner of Osmeῆa and Magsaysay Avenues
in the University of the Philippines, Diliman.
A. Circulation Book Collection and Reading Area
Freely accessible, circulation books are arranged according to their call numbers in the shelves found in the Reading Area of the Library. Call numbers of the books are searched through the iLib, an integrated library system.
B. Reserve Books Collection and Lending Desk
Consists of books and reading materials recommended by faculty as required readings for the music courses.
C. General reference collection
Includes atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, and indexes. The collection is for room use only.
D. Faculty / Grade Students Browsing Area and Serials Section
Formerly subscribed to 99 serial titles, bound volumes of which are accessible in the serials section of the library. To date, there are 8 serial titles the library subscribes to, due to financial constraint.
E. Filipiniana Section
Consists of Filipiniana books on music and dance and Filipiniana scores (manuscripts, published and photocopied).
F. Special Collection
Among the notable special collections are: Filipino composers and College's resident performing groups individual files; band, orchestra, vocal, and instrumental scores.
G. Listening Room
Found in listening room are the audio-visual equipment, e.g. dubbing machine components, CD players, audio cassette recorders, VHS player, TV sets, and personal computer. It also houses a good working collection of sound and video recordings.
A valid ID is your permit to use the library. Present it at the control desk upon entrance.
Lost books must be reported and replaced or paid within 30 days. A fine equivalent to 50% of the current cost of the book shall be paid.
All reserve books are overnight and room-use only. However, they may be taken out of the library for classroom use and photocopying.
Overnight lending hours
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM (No room-use reservation is allowed)
Fines for overdue reserve books
For the first hour after the hour appointed for return - Php 1.00
For each hour after the first - Php 5.00
For each full day - Php 5.00
Circulating books and scores may be borrowed for home-reading use for a two-week loan period renewable for another two weeks provided that nobody needs
the same book. Undergraduate and graduate students are entitled to the max of 5 and 10 books at a time, respectively.
Take note of the date due of the book you borrowed. A fine Php 2.00 a day, exclusive of Sundays and holidays, is charged for any overdue circulation book. If the book you need has been borrowed, you may request that it be reserved for you.
The following are strictly for room-use only:
1. General reference materials
2. Filipiniana materials (scores and book)
3. Sounds and video recordings
iLib (University of the Philippines Integrated Library System)
This is computerized online catalog of the materials held in the library. The music collection can be accessed through http://ilib.upd.edu.ph
The library retains its card catalogs as backup to the online public access catalogs.
Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (No Noon Break)
The library is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and official holidays.
For inquiries, just look for library staff:
Florinda Santos, Head Librarian
Sheree Ann Laguatan
Andrew Louie Alveniz
Phone: (+632) 981-8500 loc. 2634
Address: College of Music Library, University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City, 1101
Ms. Florinda S. Santos
College Librarian III
Ms. Sheree Ann V. Laguatan
College Librarian II
Ms. Janet L. Parcon
Library Aide II
University Research Associate I
Mr. Andrew Louie B. Alveniz
Emergency Library Aide