• To provide support to the instructional, research, and extension services of the University of the Philippines College of Music.
• To be recognized as the premier music resource center in the region in terms of library resources and quality of information services.
• To pursue a program which includes the following:
• Develop its reference and bibliographical collection of music research works
• Build an adequate sound and video recording collection for listening and study purposes
• Build a satisfactory collection of Asiatic music for purposes of study, research and understanding
• To date, the College of Music Library has a total collection of over 48,436 volumes of print and non-print materials.
• Of this total number, over 18,000 volumes are Filipiniana materials consisting of books, undergraduate/graduate theses, dissertations, and special collections consisting of manuscripts, music sheets (published and unpublished) of well-known Filipino composers.
• The print materials are over 32,320 volumes of Filipiniana and foreign books on music, music sheets (manuscripts and published), reference books on music and dance and periodicals on music.
• The non-print materials on the other hand , consist of over 16,000 volumes of sound and video recordings , e.g., phonorecords, audio cassettes of students’ recitals, compact discs, CD-Roms, DVDs, VCDs, and VHS tapes.
• Ground Floor of the Abelardo Hall
• Corner of Osmeῆa and Magsaysay Avenues
in the University of the Philippines, Diliman.
Aside from circulation, reserve, reference and reader’s advisory, other services offered during the regular service hours are:
• Bibliography and Indexing
• Current Awareness Services
• Interlibrary Loans and Referrals
• Internet Access
• Dubbing Service
• Use of Listening Equipment
• Library Orientation & Tour
• Wi-Fi Network
• Document Delivery
• Audio-Visual Room
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
(No Noon Break)
CIRCULATION BOOK COLLECTION AND READING AREA
Freely accessible, circulation books are arranged according to their call numbers in the shelves found in the reading area of the library. Bibliographic information of the books, e.g. call number, author, title, etc. are searched through the Web OPAC via this website https://www.mainlib.upd.edu.ph/LISTENING ROOM
• Filipiniana materials consisting of books, research works, theses and dissertations
• Special collection consisting of music scores (manuscripts and published) of well-known Filipino composers and memorabilia of some national artists in music.
Consists of textbooks and collateral materials recommended by faculty members as required readings for the music courses
Consists of general reference books and other reference
materials on music and dance
Ms. Florinda S. Santos
College Librarian III
Ms. Jennylyn S. Bandong
College Librarian I
Ms. Janet L. Parcon
Library Aide II
Mr. Andrew Louie B. Alveniz
Emergency Library Aide